Hello Hector

hector

Over the last 2 weeks the grade one children have been learning about all kinds of safety in Rotation. During Rotation with Miss Hunichen we have focussed on Cyber Bullying and how to be safe when online.

In order to do this we have been using a series of short videos called Hector’s World. So far we have watched the first 2 videos from the ‘Keeping Your Personal Information Safe’ section. There are 3 more videos in this section which the children will view at school over the rest of this term.

You might like to view the first 2 videos again with your child and then discuss the story line with them.

Click on the links below to view the videos.

Episode 1 – Details, Details

http://www.cybersmart.gov.au/Young%20Kids/Hectors%20World/Hectors%20World%20stories/Keeping%20your%20personal%20information%20safe/Episode%201.aspx

Episode 2 – Welcome to the Carnival

http://www.cybersmart.gov.au/Young%20Kids/Hectors%20World/Hectors%20World%20stories/Keeping%20your%20personal%20information%20safe/Episode%202.aspx

What have you learnt from Hector’s World?

Who is your favourite character from Hector’s World?

4 thoughts on “Hello Hector

1. My favourite character is Ranjeet the Crab. I learnt to never put your full name or address on the computer or phone and never give it to strangers . Always check with mum or dad first.

2. I think the Hector’s World clips are a fantastic way of teaching children how to stay safe on the internet.

• Hi Michelle,
      Hector’s World clips are great. Miss Hunichen has done a great job doing these in rotations!
      Mrs Hollands

3. Hi Jack
    You have learnt some important lessons from Hector so far. I’m glad you and your mum are enjoying the videos. Ranjeet remind me a little bit of Sebastian the crab from the movie The Little Mermaid. I think all of the characters are very cute but I like Tama best becasue she is pink!