National Ride to School Day

blog image

Yesterday was National Ride to School Day. This means that we rode our bikes, scootered, walked, roller bladed or skate boarded our way to school.

In Grade 1B 2 people rode their bikes to school and the same number of peole rode bikes in 1C.

Most people in Grade 1B and 1C came on scooters, there were 10 in 1B and 7 in 1C.

Only some people walked to school, from both grades there were 5 walkers.

Lots of people came in cars with mums and dads because they live a fair way away from the school. Some people drove part of the way and then walked part of the way.

At lunchtime we were allowed to ride our bikes on the basketball courts and our scooters in the new courtyard. We needed to make sure we were wearing a helmet though. We had heaps of fun on our bikes and scooters. 

By Grade 1B and 1C

What was your favourite part of Ride to School Day?

7 thoughts on “National Ride to School Day

• Hi James,
      Glad you liked riding on your scooter! You will have to teach me how to ride! I am good at roller blades but not scooters! Practice makes perfect!
      Mrs Hollands

1. Hi Miss Hunichen,

Sorry I forgot to say that I also liked riding my scooter to and from school (from the train station).

2. Hello everyone there! I am getting better at this blogging thing but need some guidance with the next step. I would like to put a photo on and also move my revolving world further to the side. Can any one there help? Desperate here. Ms. Hensby

Your blog looks beautiful Grade1.