Awesome and Amazing Alliterations

Last week the children were introduced to the concept of alliterations when we read a book called ‘Dinosaur Days’.

Alliteration refers to the repetition of a particular sound in the first syllables of a series of words and/or phrases, for example:

Raging Rhinos roast red raspberries rapidly.

The children worked really hard to come up with a clever alliterative sentence that included their name. Have a look at their beautiful posters below.

Can you write any other alliterative sentences?

14 thoughts on “Awesome and Amazing Alliterations

• Well done Jack!
      This is a very clever alliteration sentence you have come up with! Maybe you could think of a clever one for “Belinda”. See how you go! See you tomorrow!
      Mrs Hollands

• Hi Sarah,
      You have done a really great alliteration sentence here- clever little cookie you are! I have one for you “Sweet Sarah sits sleeping soundly some Saturdays”! See you tomorrow gorgeous.
      Mrs Hollands

• Wow Mr Boxall
          What an amazing allitteration you have come up with!! I wonder if anyone else can beat 13 words!
          How long did it take you to think of this?

• I did it during the Tuesday afternoon meeting with the staff 🙂

1. Dear Miss Hunichen,

The Terrible Tyrannosaurus tricked Timmy turtle to turn twenty termites to two turnip top treasure trays.

Emily.

• Thank you Awesome explorers!
      We really enjoyed this actvity and have learnt lots about alliterations.
      We looked at your blog the other day and the kids were really excited to see how you made boats out of milk cartons. Hopefully some of them will try it at home.
      Miss Hunichen and 1B and 1C

2. Hi,

My name is Stefanie and I’m in my third year studying to be a teacher. I just loved what you have done with alliterations :). Therefore; I had to comment and say great work guys 🙂

• Hi Stefanie
      Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog. I wish we learnt about all of this technology when we were at uni, I think it would have been very helpful. The kids have really got on board with our blog and just love seeing their work on here.
      Good luck with completing your course.
      Tara Hunichen