Walk with the Dinosaurs

dino walk

Β 

This week Grade 1 children will be visiting the Melbourne Museum. We are going to be looking at lots of different exhibits that will complement all of the things we have been learning in class. We are also going to be looking at the Bug Exhibit in readiness for next term.

The part I think the children are most looking forward to though is the ‘Dinosaur Walk’. Here they will be able toΒ duck beneath the belly of a massive Mamenchisaurus and contemplate the speed of the small and agile Hypsilophodon. Walk up high to where the flying reptiles soar and imagine Quetzalcoatlus swooping for prey.

Before visiting the museum the children should visit the website and take a virtual tour of this amazing exhibit.

http://museumvictoria.com.au/melbournemuseum/discoverycentre/dinosaur-walk/

Explore this website, meet the skeletons and learn amazing facts about these prehistoric animals.Β  Access the education resources and have some prehistoric fun playing the activities.

What did you learn while exploring this website?

2 thoughts on “Walk with the Dinosaurs

1. When I went to the Museum I liked the giant squid and the brontasorus which was cool! Then I saw a movie about bugs and it was scary. Then I went with my group to see the planets. Then I looked through a telescope and I saw the bones and when I saw the bones, it moved, and then it ate leaves and trees. Kai πŸ™‚

2. Hi Kai
    Well done for getting on the blog and leaving some comments. I’m impressed that all your writing has been checked and is spelt correctly πŸ™‚
    It sounds like you enjoyed looking at lots of different things when you were at the museum. I really liked looking at all of the stuffed animals. I think I could have stayed there for hours learning about all of them. I might have to go back and visit it in the holidays.
    From Miss Hunichen