Project Research

Dear Dinosaur Investigators,

This week you chose the dinosaur that you wanted to research and you began working on your borders. Weren’t those pieces of paper huge? They were hard to fit on the table. You made your headings using WordArt in the computer lab and we will stick those on next week.

Next week Mrs Hollands and I will also be giving you some information on your dinosaur. For those very clever children we thought you might like to start researching your own information.

Here are some websites which will help you find some information.

www.kidsdinos.com

www.museumvictoria.com.au/dinosaur-walk

www.enchantedlearning.com/subjects/dinosaurs/

Let us know if you find a good website so we can share it with the rest of the grade!

Good Luck with your research!

Miss Hunichen and Mrs Hollands

10 thoughts on “Project Research

1. Hi everyone, Luka here in Ireland, I am on the other side of the world with my mum, we are having a great time, I am staying with my granny on a farm, I helped feed the calves, they drink lots, it is Summer here, it took 22 hrs to get here on the plane, I even slept on the plane, I watched heaps of movies and played games, I have seen all my cousins, they are all irish and live in County Galway, I have 4 Uncles and 2 Aunties also. I have been playing hurling with my cousins its hard, hello to all my friends Kai, Ethan, Lachlan, Will, Kailey and Austin and Miss Hunichen.
    I will leave another message soon.
    Slan a chairde (bye my friends in Irish) Luka and Mum

• Hi Luka, I am glad you are having a great holiday and catching up with all of your family. It has been very cold and there has been lots of rain. I went to the football on the weekend to watch the Kangaroos and Essendon and the Kangaroos won. It sounds like a lot of fun feeding all the animals on your grannys farm. Do you enjoy playing hurling, can you tell me all about it when you get back.

I miss you, see you when you get back

From Wil

• Dear Luka
      Thank you for your comment. The children and I really enjoyed hearing from you. We looked at where you were on Google Maps, the children can’t believe you are so far away. I’m not looking forward to 7 hours on a plane, I dont know how you managed 22 hours. Everyone is very interested in finding out what hurling is. Back here at school we still have lots of childre who are away with the chicken pox and we are all looking forward to our holidays.
      Looking forward to hearing from you again.
      From Everyone

2. Hi Luka & Anne,
    It was great to read your message! Are you having a fun time with your cousins? At school all of us boys are having a good time.
    I hope you have a good time in Ireland and I am looking forward to seeing you when you come home!
    From Ethan

3. Mrs Hollands,
    I am feeling better.I had a headache last night and it was really bad.How is everyone going?
    Has anyone got the chicken pox?

SARAH.

• Dear Sarah,
      We are glad to hear you are feeling better. We miss having your cheery face at school. There were lots of kids away from your grade and yes there are at least 3 other children that have chicken pox. We hope you are resting at home and look forward to having you back at school soon.

4. Hi everyone, Yes the flight was very very long, I still have to fly back so another 22 hrs , I went to my cousins wedding on the weekend and had a great time at the hotel, it had a pool and the next day we went on roller a coaster and bumper cars and had lots of fun. Hurling is an Irish game played for hundreds of years, it is the national sport in ireland every county has team there are 32 counties in Ireland so 32 teams we added a website that have clips of games, it is played with a leather ball and a hurley stick similar to a hockey stick. Hello to all my friends, see you after the holidays. from Luka
    http://tv.gaa.ie/vendor-1578#/40665/1578/coaching-review-goalpoaching-in-hurling