It’s a Jolly Jump Off Day!

Last Friday the 24th of June, the children at New Gisborne Primary School participated in a ‘Jump off’ day as part of the Jump Rope for Heart fundraiser.

The children over the past term have been learning how to skip during P.E sessions and we have been impressed with the amount of children coming to school with their own skipping ropes, practicing every chance they have.

The Jump off day was held in the gymnasium and was set up as a circuit. We rotated around eight different skipping related activities. They included hoop skipping, an obstacle course, colouring in the skipping boy/girl, individual speed skipping, long rope skipping, trick skipping and jumping activities.

Mrs Hollands and Miss Hunichen also showed off their skills to the children! Mr Goodyear did a wonderful job in organising the day and we thank him heaps!

Well done to all who have raised money for the Heart Foundation. So far, N.G.P.S have raised over $5000.00. Keep up the terrific skipping!

What was your favourite part of Jump Off Day?

How much money did you raise?

2 thoughts on “It’s a Jolly Jump Off Day!

1. Hi Miss Hunichen
    My favorite activities were the long rope and the hoop skipping. I had a really good time, thankyou Mr Goodyear for setting it all up.
    From Lachlan C

2. Hi Miss Hunichen,
    my favourite part was jumping in the middle with someone at either end. I raised $105 for the heart foundation
    From Grace