Our Local Walk

Hi everybody,

I wonder if you remember our local walk that we went on two weeks ago? I have forgotten all of the special places that we saw so I need you to help me.

Have a look at the slideshow and see if you can remember some of the places that we walked past. Write me a comment telling me all about what you saw, what you liked, what you learnt and what you didn’t like.

I m looking forward to reading all your comments to help me remember all about our local walk!! The following layout might help you:

First we saw….

I liked….

Next we saw….

I didn’t like….

Then we saw….

I learnt….

Last of all we….

What are some of the things we saw on our walk?

What did you like/not like?

What did you learn about our local area?

Do you have any questions about our local area? 

8 thoughts on “Our Local Walk

1. Hi Miss Hunichen,
    First we saw the Op Shop, it was open, I would like to go inside one day.
    I liked Billy’s Grandma’s house, because Billy ran up and gave his Grandma a cuddle.
    Next we saw the new cottages, they had beautiful gardens.
    I didn’t like it when some of the kids stood on the road in the gutter, because I was worried that they would hurt their toes if a car came.
    We also saw the old milk bar. I wish that the old milk bar would be still open, because then me, Jack and Eloise could go with our Pa to get lollies.
    I learn’t lots of things. I learn’t that there was a sign that said P for parking. I learn’t that we are not to stand in the beautiful gardens.
    It was lots of fun on the walk, I would like to do it again.
    From Cameron.

• Hi Cameron
      Wow your comment was excellent. I love how enthusaistic you are about visiting the blog regularly. You have worked really hard on your comment and have recounted the events of the walk very well. I really enjoyed reading it. Keep up the great work.

2. Hi Miss Hunichen,
    on our walk we saw the OP shop, old houses with chimneys, houses around the corner, the pub and finally we saw the train station.
    I liked it when we stopped at the station to look at the buildings, tracks and the lights.

From Jack

• Hi Jack
      We saw lots of great things on our walk to the train station! We were lucky to have such great weather on this day. I cant believe all of the new houses that have been built up near the station. That was all just land when I went to school at New Gisborne! Do you ride on the train sometimes?

3. Dear Mrs Hollands
    I liked it when we saw the ses, the police and the cfa.
    I was so exhausted at the end of the day but it was still fun!
    from Chelsea