Our Dinosaur projects

The Triassic Period 

Week 5

The children became experts on the dinosuars from the Triassic period. The children worked in partners to research their given dinosaur. They were required to read the information given to them and to find out different things about their dinosaur. They then filled in the boxes with the correct information. Their projects have come up really well for a first attempt and we look forward to seeing them improve as we learn about the two remaining periods.

After completing great projects on the Triassic dinosaurs the children were keen to improve their researching and presentation skills.

The Jurassic Period

Week 6

This time it was the Jurassic dinosaurs that we were investigating. The children were paired up with new partners and they couldn’t wait to start.They have improved their reading skills and have worked hard on their bubble writing.

The Creteceous Period

Week 8

The children are now project experts! They are able to read information on their chosen dinosaur and can classify the information under the correct headings.

They are very much looking forward to beginning their own projects. Before we do however they had one last practise with a partner. This time they researched a dinosaur from the Cretaceous Period.

What did you enjoy doing?

What did you find difficult?

4 thoughts on “Our Dinosaur projects

1. Dear Miss Hunichen my favourite part of the school holidays is going to Fiji. And the favourite of our projects is doing borders, headings and colouring in the dinosaur. From Grace Jemmett

2. Dear Miss Hunichen,
    I enjoyed making the project with my friends. The best part was cutting out the dinosaurs.From Jamie

3. I’m in 5th grade doing a dinosaur project myself, for my opinion wouldn’t the hand writing be a little neater and I know 5th graders are smart to do like a 3-D project

• Hi Marcus
      Thank you for your comment…. I’ll let you in on a little secret though, those dinosaur projects were done by Grade 1 children a couple of years ago. I would definitely expect much much more out of Grade 5 children. I would love to see a photo of your project though.
      Thanks for taking the time to have a look at our projects and leave a comment.