Welcome to 5/6E

Hi Everyone,

I hope you have all had a wonderful break away from school and have lots of interesting stories to tell me about your holidays.

My holidays were really busy and I did lots of different things. I spent some time away in Bairnsdale and also some time down at McCrae which is on the beach. While I was down at the beach Frank and I went strawberry picking. I love the taste of freshly picked strawberries. We also went bowling and played mini golf and I was rapt to beat him in both! The weather wasn’t warm enough to be at the beach every day but we did manage to get down there a few times. I think I would prefer to swim at a pool though as I don’t really like all the sand.

Since being back home we have visited the Auqarium where we were amazed by the penguins and some of the fish that we saw. After visiting the aqaurium we went all the way to the top of the Eureka Skydeck. I love looking at all the different landmarks. We also went out in ‘The Edge’ box, I was a bit scared to start with.

I have been to the tennis with friends and watched lots of it on the TV. I really hope Novak Djocovic wins the mens title tonight, I think he’s really funny. My nephew turned 1 a few weeks ago, he had a Western Bulldogs jumper cake and he got lots of presents. Frank and I gave him a wooden xylophone with his name on it.

I’m sure I’ve done lots of other things as well but its hard to remember them all.

Hopefully you’ll be able to remember some of the things you have been up to on the holidays and will write them in a comment for me to read.

I can’t wait to hear all about what you’ve been doing.

8 thoughts on “Welcome to 5/6E

1. Hi Mrs Hunichen,
    On the 1st and 2nd week James and I went to mildura with our nana and pa ( witch we call nana and da.) while we were up at Mildura we went to the gayle their and the sand hills on a hot day but the sand was quite hot up there.On the last day of the 2nd week James and I went to Lake Charm and Yarrawonga and it was so fun. So while we were up at Lake Charm we went to a boat races witch had the same racing boats as the Southern 80. We all so got to see how the race boats started off which was pretty amazing.

• Hello Bonnie,

How are you? I hope you are enjoying your short holiday this weekend. Where did you go again? I have had a very quiet weekend and have actually spent a bit of time doing school work and reading through all of the Reading Response journals. Don’t forget to bring yours in on Monday.
      It sounds like you had a good time on your holidays. What sort of things did you do while you were at Lake Charm and Yarrawonga? I have been to Yarrawonga before, its very pretty. But I haven’t heard of Lake Charm, where abouts is that?

I hope you have enjoyed your first week in grade 5/6 and I look forward to reading more of your blog comments throughout the year. Make sure you use correct punctuation in your comment and that you reread it before you submit it.

2. Dear Miss Hunichen,
    Wow, your holiday sounded awesome! You did so many cool things. I had a very quiet holiday. All I did was, visit my Grandma, played in the pool and visited with friends. My most exciting thing I did was go to my friend Bianca’s little brother’s party. It was awesome. It was and AMF bowling party! We all had three games of bowling and two games of laser tag. They also had this game section and Bianca’s Dad got 1000 tickets in one go so we all got these prizes using the tickets.
    I can’t wait to start year 6’s and I’m so glad you’re my teacher. I hope I learn a lot of new things this year!
    From Jessica N.

• Hi Jessica,
      Thank you for your lovely comment. I did do some really great things on the holidays! I like to have holidays like you did sometimes too though. The school terms can be very busy and sometimes its nice to sit quietly and relax. I especially like to sit and read and could waste a whole day doing so. At the moment I am enjoying reading biography style books and am currently reading one about the editor of a magazine.

How did you go at bowling when you played? I really enjoy bowling, its lots of fun. I haven’t been to laser tag before. What’s it like? (try to use your five senses when you’re describing it to me!)

I’m looking forward to the year ahead too and am glad to have lovely children like you as part of my class. I hope you have enjoyed your first week back at school and I look forward to reading more blog comments from you throughout the year.

3. Hi Miss Hunichen,
    On the holidays my family, and cousins, my auntys, my uncles, my grandparents and I went to Apllo Bay. Our beach house was 3 minutes away from the beach!

• Hi Tia

How is your weekend going? Did you show your mum and dad all of the amazing word foto pictures that you helped the children to create. I’m really looking forward to seeing them all and printing them off for each of you. We are going to need to spend a fair bit of time on our portflio covers this week as I’d like to try and have them finished by Friday!!
      My friend has a beach house down at Appollo Bay so I have been down there a few times. It’s a very long drive though and I don’t like the windy roads. Do the windy roads make you seasick? I’d like to read a description of your favourite place down at Appollo Bay (try and use your five senses when you are thinking).

I hope you are enjoying Grade 5/6 so far and I look forward to reading more blog comments from you throughout the year (don’t forget to type them in Word first just in case they disappear!).

4. Hi Mrs Hunichen
    During the school holidays I went to Funields with friends and we spent most of the day there. I also went to the Icehouse in Melbourne with Zoe and that was so much fun because I hadn’t been ice skating in ages or been to the Ice house before

Our family all went to the park at one stage for my aunty’s birthdays and we were there at the park for nearly the whole day. TAlking about birthdays has reminded me that we also went out for my mum and dads birthday at there favourite restaurant which is called “Veit Rose”

I also did lots of other things but I don’t remember now

Abbey

• Dear Abbey,
      It sounds like you did some interesting things over the school holidays. I haven’t been to Funfeilds before, so you’ll have to describe it to me (Try to use your five senses in your description!) I went to Icehouse on the school holidays also, it was great fun, although I’m not a very good skater. There were some really small kids there on the day I was there and their skills were amazing. One of the little boys was only five years old! He must have been skating since he was tiny!!
      What sort of restaurant is Veit Rose? What style of food do they serve? My favourite places to go out for dinner are pizza and pasta places or pubs that serve really nice steak. What do you like to eat?

I hope you are enjoying Grade 5/6 so far. I look forward to reading more of your blog comments.