Miss Hunichen is back again!! Another grade of Prep children. She is sooooo excited to be welcoming 22 new faces to New Gisborne Primary School and is looking forward to many new adventures. Explore our blog and get ready to meet the DELIGHTFUL children of Prep D. After exploring our blog please leave us a comment.
New Gisborne Primary School is celebrating its 150th burthday this week. We have been lucky enough to receive some birthday wishes from some very special people. Have a look at the videos below. Make sure you have your parents permission first though as they are from Youtube.
Hi all you Gallow-maniacs, hope you saw my video. Have a happy 150th birthday…that’s a mighty lot of candles to blow out! Remember you can never get enough GOLD, so come on you GALLOWAAAYYYYY!
Signed Galloway Man
PS Mr Ward is teaching year 5 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for another 6 weeks, then flying to Sri Lanka and India before returning to Australia. Gee I hope his arms don’t get too tired from all that flying!!!LOL
There seems to be so much going on at the moment and lots of things that I need to remind you about so I have decided to group them all together in this special post!
1. School Priday Day is coming up on Friday the 24th of May. It is our chance to beautify the school before our 150th Celebrations. Please bring gloves and small hand tools on the day if you have them.
2. 150th Celebrations are taking place on Friday the 31st of May. We will be holding a Walk through Time day where people will be able to come and visit the school. The decade the Grade 5/6’s are focusing on is the 1910’s. Do you have any ideas on what we could do to showcase this period. If so leave a comment.
3. There is a new email from Grace on the Where is Grace? page.Don’t forget to also check whether she has replied to your comments.
4. The Music blog has been updated and you can access it from our list of links. Please visit this blog and watch the video on the Grade 5/6 page.
5. Grade 5 children it is nearly NAPLAN time. If you have your netbook at home over the weekend there are two Practise tests scheduled for you to complete on Mathletics.
6. Your typed up piece about Energy is now overdue and needs to be typed up at home. Don’t forget that you need to include 3 pictures and it must have a header or a footer with your name and grade.
On Friday you will be bringing your netbooks home for the first time this year. We would like you to spend some time on the weekend reviewing the Cyber Safety links on the blog with your parents. These can be found along the top menu bar. As well as looking at these we would like you to complete the following Cyber Safe Quiz. It is very important that your parents sit with you while you are completing this as they will learn some valuable information as well.
Once you have completed the quiz it would be great if you and your parents could leave a comment about what you learnt about Cybersafety.