PROUD!

Today we listened to this song by Heather Small.

I look into the window of my mind
Reflections of the fears I know I’ve left  behind
I step out of the ordinary
I can feel my soul ascending
I’m on  my way
Can’t stop me now
And you can do the same
What have you done  today to make you feel proud?
It’s never too late to try
What have you  done today to make you feel proud?
You could be so many people
If you make  that break for freedom
What have you done today to make you feel  proud?
Still so many answers I don’t know (there are so many  answers)
Realise that to question is how we grow (to question is to  grow)
So I step out of the ordinary
I can feel my soul ascending
I’m on  my way
Can’t stop me now
And you can do the same (yeah)
It’s never too late to try
What have you done today to make you  feel proud?
You could be so many people
If you make that break for  freedom
What have you done today to make you feel proud?
(Yeah) We  need a change (Yeah)
Do it today (yeah)
I can feel my spirit  rising
(change, yeah) We need a change (yeah)
So do it today  (yeah)
‘Cause I can see a clear horizon
What have you done today to make you feel proud? (To make you feel proud)
(Let me hear ya X3)So what have  you done today to make you feel proud?
(yeah X4)’Cause you could be so many  people
Just make that break for freedom
So what have you done today to  make you feel proud?

After the students amazing portfolio presentations at Parent Teacher Interviews last night we felt this would be a very appropriate song.

This term has also seen FANTASTIC improvements in test results and Table Master achievements! Improvements that 5/6E students should be really PROUD of!

We have other subject areas to be proud of too : Sport, Writing, Reading, Music, Art, eLearning.

What are you proud of at the moment?

What have you done that makes you feel proud?

26 thoughts on “PROUD!

1. Dear Mss Hunichen
    First of all I really like that song. I think that in school I am proud of making improvements in my school work like the spelling test. I am very proud of making T.O.M and the basketball team I also made the footy team and got a place to go to Somers camp I am very proud of myself for making all them. I’m also very proud of making the VJBL team and competing against teams around Victoria. I think I have done very well in many ways and am very proud of myself.
    From james

2. Dear Miss Hunichen,

What I’m proud of at school is when the girls’ soccer team made it to the zones. I’m proud of this because soccer is a fun sport and it is good for the girls for a change to make it to the final. What I’m proud of outside of school is my hip-hop dancing at Gisborne Secondary. I’m proud of this because I love dancing so much and because I have done a concert before, I won’t feel nervous dancing in front of a thousand people.

From Jordana.

3. Dear Miss Huchichen,
    After watching the film clip ‘Proud’ sung by Heather Small I thought of my proud moments. I’m Proud of the things I achieved like in school sports I made it to the swimming and football team for 2013. I’m also proud all my test scores like in the South Australia spelling test which was 40. Out of school I’m proud of helping my Mum and Dad chopping up and bringing the fire wood to the house to keep warm on cold nights.
    From Kye

4. Dear Miss Hunichen,
    The song called “Proud” sung by Heather Small has become one of my new old favourites and the lyrics really made me think.
    In class time I’m proud of my numeration maths test that we did in term one, as maths is not my strongest subject, and for me getting 16 out of 20 is something I’m really happy about.
    In the school yard I’m proud of myself for building and getting to know some people in friendship. Another thing I’m proud of is joining the RACV, as it is not something I would normal do, and is a bit out of my comfort zone.
    On my holiday I’m really proud of, going to markets or shops and speaking a language I’ve never spoken before overseas.
    From Grace

5. Dear Miss Hunichen
    I am proud about at school that I had taken risks and using my time wisely. I am also proud about making in to the netball team and district cross country. I was on red New Gisborne team in netball. I am proud at outside of school that it do Karate. I do Karate so I can defend myself from bullies.
    From Lachie

6. Dear Miss Hunichen
    I am proud of a lot of things this past semester like improving my Table Master score by a heap and completing tasks on time. But there are two main things I’m really proud of. A school task I’m really proud of is making it past the District Soccer and winning the final round because we made it to the next level which means The New Gisborne Girls Soccer Team are moving on, and I’m in it!!! An out of school thing I am proud about is at Cub Scouts I have become a Seconder which is where you are second in charge of your Pack. And I’m going to a Cub Scout Leader Ship Camp at Tree Tops Scout Camp. I can’t wait to go. There are two things I am extra proud of this year. I’m looking forward to the next semester.
    From Jessica. S

7. Dear Miss Hunichen,
    I enjoyed listening to the song Proud today. At the moment I am proud about how I have been able to make it into Ms Condon’s maths group because it means that I am better at maths than I thought I was. I am also proud of my soldier’s letter because it was difficult to write but I got it done in the end. At home I am proud that I am persisting in art lessons and when I am having trouble with my picture I keep on going even if I think it looks horrible.
    What are you proud of at the moment Miss Hunichen?
    From Abbey

8. When we listened to Proud I started thinking about the things I would be proud of. I would be proud of achieving my goals for table master. My goal was to get 144 and a time of 5 minutes and 30 seconds. I am proud because I was never good at maths so that means I am getting better. My achievement outside of school would be making it into A’s in footy because there is a bunch of kids in Gisborne who are amazing at footy and to be playing with them is awesome because I can learn from them and it will really help me with my footy. The extra achievement I am proud of is making it into district for cross country. I was never really a good long distance runner so to come second in my age group was amazing. In district I came thirteenth out of eighty which was pretty good. So those are the things I am proud of over this semester. Thanks for reading,
    Caedon

9. Dear Miss Hunichen,
    After watching Heather Smalls video ‘Proud’ I thought about it and I’m proud what I’m proud of at the moment is my netball, I have improved a great deal, And now secretly think I’m the best on my team. I’m also proud of getting into the school netball team and winning my cross country by a minute, and in the second round I came 11th out of 80 which was improved so much since last year. Another thing is that outside of school I’m doing pony trots with my pony “Betsy Boo” and one time one a race by 27metres!! Which I’m super proud of!
    From Ewa.

10. Dear Miss Hunichen,
    After watching the song “proud” by Heather small, it made me remember about some of the things I am proud of. The thing that I am proud at school when I did my portfolio presentation because I got so nerves that I was speaking to fast when I was about to do it and that I was so nerves I did not want to come and do it. I am proud that I made it into Somer’s camp the rarest camp to get in only very few people get in from each school. I am proud that I got 50 books on the same company that sales horrible histories, horrible since and murderous maths. I am also proud that I have gained a few more friends this year in 2013.

11. Dear Miss Hunichen
    I really enjoyed the song that we listened to today and it made me think about a lot of things. I am Proud of improving in my school work and my report compared to last year, I am also proud in myself for making it into the school myself basketball team. I really feel good when I keep playing well in footy every week.
    From Macklan

12. Hi Miss Hunichen,
    I really enjoyed watching and listening to the ‘Proud’ clip. At this moment at school I am proud of my scores and times in Table Master and I am extremely proud of my persuasive writing pieces (especially my NAPLAN Hero Award piece) because I feel I have put lots of effort into all of my pieces. I am also proud that I made it in to the school netball team. Out of school I am proud that I have been able to get 8 goals in netball in 1 half. I am also extremely proud of all my test results in school tasks.
    From Tia

13. Dear Miss Hunichen,
    After watching Heather Smalls video ‘Proud’ I thought about the things I am proud of at the moment. At school I am proud of my achievement in persuasive writing as I have improved extremely well especially with using rhetorical questions. My sporting achievements are improving my beep test score by three and a half levels and getting to division cross country at Brim-bank Park. My achievements outside of school are making new friends at dancing. I am really proud of these achievements and hope I improve in more things in the future.
    From Jessica.

14. Dear Miss Hunichen,
    After watching the video-clip for Heather Small’s song Proud I realized specific things I am proud of. I am proud of my multiplication maths test improvement, on the pre-test I had a score of 16/20 and on the post-test I had a score of 20/20 I am proud of this because I improved on my test scores by 4. I am also proud that I got into the mixed netball team for the school because last year I only got into the B-Team. Outside of school I am proud of myself for starting Lyrical-Ballet and being able to do things I didn’t think I would be able to.

From Zoe

15. Dear Miss Hunichen,
    An academic achievement I am proud of is my maths abilities and strengths, such as my table master scores. I participate in Mrs Condon’s maths class and the Maths Olympiad, which gives me a sense of pride and confidence during school. An out of school achievement I am proud of is supporting my friend through the events with her grandparents. I help her by trying to stay optimistic and telling her to think positive thoughts, as well as helping her to take her mind of the situation.
    Alexandra.

16. Dear Miss Hunichen
    After watching Heather Small the song proud I am proud about inter school swimming I was picked to be in the 11 year old boys relay team. We came 2nd in inter school swimming so we went to district we came 3rd we didn’t make it to district finals but I was really proud of myself and my team. I am also proud about my memories poster of N.G.P.S I really like it because it has a lot of photos of my history of new Gisborne primary school. I am also proud about my table master because I started at the start of the year getting a time of 6:00 minutes and a score of 64 out of 144 and now I am getting a time of 4:13 and a score of 144 out of 144.

17. Dear Miss Hunichen,
    After watching Heather Small’s Proud I have found that I am particularly proud of some of my achievements at school like at the start of the year when I made it into the school swimming, tennis and cross country as well coming first and making it into zones for the first time in soccer, I am proud of these few sporting things because I have never really been brilliant at sport. Academically I am proud of my June report because of my 2 A’s and early on in the year when one of my pieces of writing was one of the best. Outside of side of school I am proud of completing my first Weetbix triathlon mainly because I didn’t collapse on the ground afterwards or during it. Lastly I know I did nothing really to achieve this but I am proud of making it into Somers Camp.
    From Ebony

18. Hi Miss Hunichen,
    After watching the song proud by Heather Small I thought about the things that have made me proud in my life. These are some of the things that have made me proud in the classroom, at lunch or play and extra.
    For what made proud in the classroom is getting a B for English on my report. I think I have improved lots on English and I am very proud of myself.
    I am proud of myself because I made new friend at play and lunch and now I am having more fun than I have ever had. I was hard at the start having to find new friends and trying to fit in with them.
    For extra I am proud of myself because I have made it into the Energy Breakthrough team. This is one of the best experiences in my life. So far I have been doing it for 2 years and will be willing to do it again next year.
    From Indiah.

19. Dear Miss Hunichen,
    After watching about the song proud by Heather Small. I am thinking that in school I am happy about that I am in the soccer team because most of my family are into sports like soccer. Then my spelling test I got 43 out of 70. Secondly my tables master score, I got 101.
    From Bonnie.

20. Dear Miss hunichen,
    After listing to Heather Small`s song `proud`, made me realise that I have three things that make me feel proud.
    Firstly when when I got in to the school tennis I felt better they help me improve and came forth for the day.
    Secondly, in my maths test I got a score of 18/20 I improved by nine points.
    Finally, in music my group and I where composing a piece of music that made me feel like I have accomplished something.
    Now I feel proud.
    From Darcy

21. Dear Miss Hunichen,

WOW!!!!after watching the music video of Heather Small’s song-Proud…I thought of what I am proud of right now and that is footy as I got best on the ground last weekend.
    I am Proud of what I have done so far in reading as I got 90% once and got 5 x 100%

22. Hi Miss Hunichen,
    I bet the 5\6s worked very hard this term. The 2’s worked very hard too. Great work on winning the class party and library borrowing. i’m can’t wait to get back to school.
    Tia has been so annoying.
    From Milly

• Dear Milly
      The 5/6’s have been working very hard. They are learning to be responsible and independent learners and are starting to use their time wisely both in class and at home. Tia is very good at completing her homework at home. I look forward to seeing you back at school on Monday. Hope you ve had a great holiday.

23. Hi Miss Hunichen,
    These holidays I have been doing lots of things but my favourite thing I have done was go on Netball camp. It was in North Balwyn and you travelled back and forth to Balwyn each day for three days in a row. It was 18 hours of training. I was in group one with Maddi and Olivia for Gisborne. Each day we had a Melbourne Vixen come in to train with us. The Vixens that came to see us were Geva Mentor, Bianca Chatfield and Jo Curran. I learnt so much from Australia Sports camps and can’t wait to go to other camps.
    I did many other things over the holidays but that was a highlight to me.
    How were your holidays?
    From Tia