What type of learner are you?

Today in class we will be learning all about Gardner’s Multiple Intelligences.

Howard Gardner was born in America on July 11, 1943. As a child he enjoyed playing the piano and was rather studious. In his late teenage years he studied neuropsychology and psycholinguistics. In 1965 he received a Bachelor of Arts degree from Harvard College. In 1983 (the year Miss Hunichen was born) he proposed a model based around the theory of multiple intelligences.

According to Gardner’s theory of multiple intelligences, humans have several different ways of processing information and these ways are relatively independent of one another. For some of us it is relatively easy to understand how a flower grows but it is immensely difficult for us to understand and use a musical instrument. For others music might be easy but playing football is difficult.

Instead of having one intelligence it is claimed that we have several different intelligences. They are as follows:

Kinaesthetic – Body Smart Linguistic – Word Smart
Logical – Number Smart Interpersonal – People Smart
Intrapersonal – Myself Smart Musical – Music Smart
Visual/Spatial – Picture Smart Naturalistic – Nature Smart

Follow the link in order to read about each of the intelligences and jot down the ones you think you fit best…. http://www.bgfl.org/bgfl/custom/resources_ftp/client_ftp/ks1/ict/multiple_int/what.cfm

After you have done that, click take the test at the top of the page. Answer all 40 questions as best as you can.

Look carefully at your results and then make sure you screen shot your results and paste them into a Word document.

Leave a comment detailing what type of learner you thought you are compared to the type of learner that the test displayed, were you correct? Do you think the results are true to who you are?

One thought on “What type of learner are you?

1. Hi Miss Hunichen,
    My final result on my multiple intelligence I was incorrect o one and that was Linguistic smart. Instead I am myself smart.
    I think that the middle two hours is best for me because I have just had a run around and had some sugar to hyper me (and I stay hyper for a little while)
    I liked the activity a lot. like testing my abilities on what i can do that i didn’t know.
    From Kim