Factors and Multiples

Hi Guys

Hope you all enjoyed looking at the factors and multiples game today and that you understand what the difference is.

Here is the link to the game so that you can have a look at it over the weekend ready to play in class at the start of next week.

http://nrich.maths.org/content/id/5468/100square.swf

100s grid

I’d really love to hear what you think of the game and also what your understanding of factors and multiples is?

3 thoughts on “Factors and Multiples

1. Dear anyone who reads it,
    I really like the game becuase it’s tricky and very confusing sometimes.

My understanding of a factor is a number that is a multiple of a larger number.

My understanding of a multiple is a number that can be equally divisible by another number.

From ethan 🙂

• Hi Ethan
      It’s great to see that you have had some time to experiment with the factors and multiples game. It can be a little bit tricky but just remember like anything, practise makes perfect. I think you have your definitions of factors and multiples around the wrong way. You need to double check your understanding of these. Can you explain what a prime and a composite number is?

• Dear miss Hunichen,
        Yes I have writen the defenitions the wrong way round.
        A prime number is a number that is only divisible by one or itself, a composite number is a number with 2 or more factors.
        From Ethan 🙂