Holiday Homework

Well guys the holidays have rolled around again! I hope you all have lots of fun things planned. Don’t forget to keep reading over the holidays and make sure you continue to record this in your diaries. I wonder if anyone can read and record for every day of the holidays!!

Over the holidays you also have your Court Jester Movie Review that needs to be written and posted on your blog. You will find a link to the homework task underneath the picture of the movie cover. Also here are some links that you might find useful:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049096/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Court_Jester

Please check with Mum and Dad before viewing the following YouTube clips. You may also find some other movie clips on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4ni2FxH7v8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wohtuqCv5A8

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=the+court+jesterΒ This link will take you to lots of clips from The Court Jester

court jester

Court Jester Homework Task

Continue to work on your own blog over the holidays too. Please check the ‘What… We have Homework’ page for the posts that you should have. Looking at Ruby L and Bec’s blog will also be quite helpful to a lot of you.

Parent Homework – Please leave a comment on your child’s reflective post about interviews with some feedback on their presentation. 3 things they did well and 3 things they should work on for next time.

I would love to read about what you get up to on the holidays too! Try and come up with a clever way to post information about your holidays.

Don’t forget to record any homework that you do each day in your diaries. Remember 3 thirty minute sessions each week!

Other homework – Make sure you have loads of fun!!! Stay safe though πŸ™‚

16 thoughts on “Holiday Homework

1. Hi Miss Hunichen (and other readers),

I have found out that while trying to look at the YouTube links they have not worked. My holidays have been fun so far. Yesterday it was mum’s birthday and we had a wonderful breakfast before going out to buy some Pandora charms. But today Joshua C. and I had our karate gradings at Bacchus Marsh. How have your holidays been so far? I can’t wait to come back to school to do more work.
    bye from Kim

• Hi Kim
      Thanks for letting me know about the links, I meant to check them when I got home from school on Friday but I guess I must have got busy and then forgotten. I have updated the links now and they should all work. If they don’t you should be able to type ‘The Court Jester’ into Youtube to view lots of different clips from the movie. How did you go in your Karate grading? My holidays have been great so far and are looking to be quite busy for the week ahead too!

2. Hello Miss Hunichen,
    I cant really do the homework because I cant remember the movie and I tried to get it online and at the video shop and it wasn’t there so I hope you understand and I am going away next week so I cant do it.
    -sally

• Hi Sally
      I’m pleased that you have made an effort to get the movie from either online or from the video shop. As it’s such an old movie I’m not surprised that you can’t find it. If you click on the following link I believe you can rent the movie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN_iWg8g5kQ or maybe try reading other children’s movie reviews from their blog for some ideas.

3. Hi Miss Hunichen,
    if you look on my blog you can see I have added two new posts, and edited some. On the last day of school I went to Eliza’s house with Ruby W, and we rented The Court Jester from the video shop in Gisborne. Now we all have a better understanding of the movie, and the homework task seemed easier. I have enjoyed my holiday so far, and was lucky enough to meet Jo Weston, a Melbourne Vixens player at netball camp! I got her signature on my shoe, and on a photo of the Vixens I printed out. Today I am going back to my holiday house to have more fun! I hope you have enjoyed your holiday as much as I have. I can’t wait for term 3!
    Kind regards,
    Bec

• Hi Bec
      I’m so proud of the work that you have put into your blog and was extremely excited to read that you had used your initiative and borrowed the movie so that you could watch it again. I know that it really helped me to watch the movie again as I picked up lots more of the jokes. It’s great that you got together with a couple of the other girls too, doing homework as a group always makes it easier not to mention much more enjoyable. You must have gone to the same netball camp that Eliza did? I’m looking forward to hearing more about it. My holidays have been really good and I am having lots of fun, I spent a few days up at Mount Hotham snowboarding which was hard work and I have hurt my shoulder which I’m not too happy about. Hopefully with lots of rest it will heal quickly.
      Enjoy your last few days break.

4. Hi Miss Hunichen
    I have completed all my homework and it was fun. I am also having great holidays how are yours, I hope they are good to. I posted the Court Jester review on my post and I put a good effort into it Have great Holiday.
    From Ashton πŸ˜‰

• Hi Ashton
      I was pleased to read your comment about completing your homework. My job this afternoon is to check through each of your blogs to see where everyone is at so I’m really looking forward to reading your new posts. My holidays have been really great, I just wish they were three weeks long, they seem to go so quickly! Have you put up a post on your blog about what you have been doing on the holidays?

• Hi Miss Hunichen
        I’m going to do my holiday reflection on the last Saturday of the holidays so I can tell 5B everything exciting that I did.
        From Ashton πŸ™‚

• Ashton don’t forget that your interview script and bits and pieces should also be posted on your blog. Please also check the homework page to help you to ensure that your blog is up to date.

• Hi Miss Hunichen
        I can’t do the interview script because I can only access the script at home and yes I have checked the homework page on the blog.
        From Ashton

• Ok then Ashton, you’ll have to make sure that you do this when you get back to school. You must have lots of drafts in process as I looked at your blog and there are a number of posts missing.

5. Hi miss Hunichen

With the Court Jester Blog post do I just publish it, or wait until school starts?. I can’t wait to hear what people have been doing over the school holidays.

From Blake

• Hi Blake
      Post your movie review on your own blog. I can’t wait to read it and to hear all about what you have been up to over the school holidays.

6. Hi Miss Hunichen,
    I had a magnificent holiday did you?
    Here are some of the things I did:
    In the first week I went to Traralgon for 3 days and on the way we went past the open cut mine that was on fire for 42 days!!!
    The next thing I did was go to Airborn (an indoor trampoline park) and there was a wall that you could try to get up and I got up on the small one but my friend got up on the big wall.
    The last thing I did was go to gym camp and it was really fun and all the Jets Gymnastics clubs met up at Diamond Creek then after that Mum and I made a little Panda picture with fabric.
    From Gemma