Fabulous Footy Frenzy

Today was Footy Day at New Gisborne Primary School. We even got to have a sausage sizzle for lunch. Our grade was lucky enough to spend time working with our favourite Grade 1 class, Mrs Hollands Grade 1A. We designed a new footy jersey and came up with a team name. We all had so much fun!!!!

Which footy team do you barrack for and why?

Did you enjoy this activity? Why/Why not?

3 thoughts on “Fabulous Footy Frenzy

1. Hi Miss Hunichen,
    I loved dressing up in footy jumpers and doing activities with the grade 1’s! The future footy players are going to look spectacular with the tops we designed! Even better, we got to have a sausage sizzle! Fabulous! In my family, my mum goes for the tigers, but Fintan and dad go for the blues. I used to go for both of them, but now I don’t follow the footy. I think it is very confusing, looking at a screen with a ball flying around everywhere! I enjoyed going to the grade 1’s classroom, and I loved helping them make football tops. Some of the designs they came up with were crazy! It was so much fun watching them rip the pieces of paper into tiny little scraps and then glue them on. It was really exciting and I can’t wait until we get to have another footy day!
    P.S. – I really love the slideshow you made with all of the photos of us with our buddies!
    From Ruby 🙂

2. Hi Miss Hunichen,
    I just got back from camp today! I hope everyone had a fun Footy Day & enjoyed their sausages. Missing you all & I can’t wait to see you all again soon!
    By the way I barrack for the Hawks!
    Bec

3. Hello Miss Hunichen,
    I barrack for Richmond (as you are aware) and I go for Richmond because I’m very close with my dad, and that’s what team he barracks for.
    I loved this activity because it’s a good idea to see what idea’s the Grade 1’s have for a team guersy and what idea’s we have. It was also fun to just design the guersy itself with all the different colours. When we had to name our team that was especially fun because there is so many names we could combine together to make the one team name.
    Thanks,
    Kim