Maths Rotations

Over the last few weeks we have been working really hard to learn our numbers. We started by working on numbers 1-5 and in the last week of so we have extended this to cover 1-10. On Thursday and Friday we ran some exciting maths rotations to help us learn these numbers.

On Thursday there were 5 different activities that we worked on, where we spent around 5 minutes working at each table.

We used the ipads to help us with our counting, we built unifix towers to match numbers on a placemat, we counted objects on a card and put a peg on the correct number, we made numbers out of playdough and we put the numbers 1-10 in oder to complete a transport puzzle.

Have a look at the slideshow below to see what we got up to!

Capture

On Friday we completed four different activities, spending around 8 minutes at each table. We counted the correct number of worms to match the birds nest, put the correct number of counters into the labelled patty pans, threaded the right number of beads onto the matching pipecleaner and matched the transport cards to the correct numbers.

Capture

What was your favourite activity from each day?

Do you know of any other games that will help us learn our numbers 1-10?

One thought on “Maths Rotations

1. Hi Miss Hunichen

My favourite maths activity was using the iPads. I liked the game where you had to tap to get the things that looked like Christmas decorations. I also loved the skittles maths, it was fun and I liked when you let us eat them at lunch.

Joe