Toy Making

Throughout the last two weeks of school we put our toy creating hats on and became the Toy Makers of Grade Prep D. In order to prepare us for this we practised some special skills first, we learnt to use staplers and sticky tape, how to make our sticky tape double sided and how to cut really tough cardboard. We also revised how to use split pins correctly and how to punch holes. Miss Hunichen spoke to us about cutting doors and windows too and how to create axles for our cars.

Take a look at the slideshow below to see how we went

Capture

We collected lots of boxes and other bots and pieces, we recruited some parent help and got to work. Have a look at us working hard in the slideshow below.

Capture

After we had finished Miss Hunichen took a photo of us with our plan and a photo of us with our newly created toy. You can take a look in the slideshow below.

Capture

In the video below you will see us talking about our plan, how our toy turned out and the moving parts that our toy has. We hope you enjoy it.

Thank you to all of the wonderful parents and grandparents that stayed and helped us make our exciting creations come to life. We really appreciate all of your assistance.

What would you change if you could do this project again?

Have you ever made any other moving toys?

One thought on “Toy Making

1. Hi Miss Hunichien,

I haven’t really made a moving toy before. It was lots of fun. My robot kind of looked like my plan, but not exactly. I would build something different, like maybe a house if I did it again. I loved watching the video and looking at everyone else’s plans and things they built.

Hope you are having a good holiday.

From Connor.